Holy smokes its been a busy 2 weeks! This is the first time in the #FailsToFantastic series that I have taken on an entire space so I thought that it would only be fitting to do a mid-point check in with what I’ve completed so far and share what’s left on my to-do list.

If you haven’t been following along on Instagram let me show you the “before” photos of the hallway.

Now before you yell at me and say that the hallway isn’t a fail, let me explain… You’re right (kinda). You see there are a few little fails in this hallway and I have decided this is an opportunity to make the hallway FANTASTIC.

Current FAILSWays to make it FANTASTIC
•Dart holes in the ceiling
•Dart holes in bedroom door
•Broken bathroom door
•Missing baseboards
•Fill holes in ceiling and paint
•Fun ceiling details
•New lighting fixture (better sized for the space)
•Replace both doors
•Paint the doors a new color
•Update door hardware
•Put up new baseboards & door trim to match
•Paint the baseboards & trim to match the new doors
•Add an arch to the end linen closet (why not)
•Completely change the look of the AC door

Yep this was admittedly a “If you give a mouse a cookie moment” and my husband like to say. Of course I could have just fixed the broken things and moved on but that’s not what I do 😂.

So lets get to what I have accomplished from the list in the last 2 weeks….

First thing I did was tackle one of my fears! I changed out my first light fixture. You see my husband is an electrician by trade so he also handles anything to do with electricity, well because it scares the crud out of me. So with my husband standing by my side and walking me through step by step I changed out the fixture all by myself!! I even have video proof (see YouTube video below) 😂.

Then I conquered drywall and installed an arch to the linen closet at the end of the hall.

**I have been working on turning the standard linen closet with bi-fold doors into a built in for the past 7 months. I have actually built the base 3 different times since the closet isn’t plumb or square in the least, but I’m finally gaining traction on that so the built in arch was needed to help in completing my vision.**

I still need to add a few more coats of mud and then texture and of course paint it, but that will be done in the next two weeks.

The last major thing I accomplished in the first half of the month was easily my favorite and it was the EASIEST! I added a peel and stick wall mural to the ceiling of the hallway and followed it up with a light coat of glaze mixed with the ceiling color to tone down the black of the mural.

So lets see what’s left for this month…

Ways to make it FANTASTIC
•Fill holes in ceiling and paint
•Fun ceiling details
•New lighting fixture (better sized for the space)
•Replace both doors
*They have been replaced however there are issues with both replacements so they need to be revisited
•Paint the doors a new color
•Update door hardware
•Put up new baseboards & door trim to match
•Paint the baseboards & trim to match the new doors (I did get the trim that is already there painted 😂)
•Add an arch to the end linen closet (I’m half way done)
•Completely change the look of the AC door

Ummm… ok, I’m going to end this post here and get back to work… I didn’t realize I still had so much work to do 😬